Code reindent

From: Steve Holmes
Subject: Code reindent
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 12:59:45 -0700

I realize that by now, the indentation project has gone to master but
I just wanted to chime in here on how emacs muddies up the tab vs
spaces debate further by mixxing spaces and tabs to achieve some
indentation.  I've personally prefered tabs exclusively but then emacs
uses both depending on which mode and the size of the tab stop
setting.  One thing that helps over all is emacspeak can tell you the
indentation of each line as you scroll down through a file and gedit
under Orca will also support this behavior so it is fairly easy to
track indentation unless you're a vi user <smile> and I don't know if
there is a way to track indents easily using native speakup.