Speechd-el say all

From: Nicolas Graner
Subject: Speechd-el say all
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2018 10:39:23 +0200

Pierre Lorenzon <devel at pollock-nageoire.net> a ?crit le 25/08/2018 ?
05h22 :
> From: Rapha?l POITEVIN <rpoitevin at hypra.fr>
>   In fact ! Somebody has done what I said that have to be
>   done. Anyway I am curious to know how client may follow the
>   speech flue once it have been sent to the server. I will have
>   a look at this code if I have time !

This code bypasses the protocol and calls  spd-say repeatedly as a
separate process. I've written a simple function to read from point to
end of buffer in the same way, which works well. Pressing any key will
terminate reading and the cursor will be located right after the last
line read.

(defun speak-to-end ()
  (interactive)
  (while-no-input
    (while (not (eobp))
      (call-process "spd-say" nil nil nil "--wait"
                    (buffer-substring (point)
                                      (progn (forward-line) (point)))))))

This is a minimal proof of concept eimproved in many ways.

Nicolaswhich could