Re: about RHVoice

From: Alexander Epaneshnikov
Subject: Re: about RHVoice
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2021 13:57:58 +0300

09.02.2021 1:13, Samuel Thibault пишет:
Hello,

hello again.
Alexander Epaneshnikov, le lun. 08 févr. 2021 17:38:48 +0300, a ecrit:
07.02.2021 20:24, Samuel Thibault пишет:

hello Samuel and all. RHVoice maintainer here. we are interested in
including RHVoice in the debian repository.
can we help as a upstream in this effort?
One thing I was unsure when I had a look at the repository some time
ago: are natia and talgat the only data/voices/ directories that have
usage restrictions?

Natia and Talgat are only voices wich has a custom license. also we have voices
which redistributes under (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) and one under (CC BY-SA 4.0) [1]

About the third-party directory, it would be useful to have a way to
tell cmake / scons to just link against the system-provided versions of
them instead of building them again. Notably, libsonic, rapidxml and
tclap are already packaged in Debian, and we do not want to maintain
both the main packages and a copy within rhvoice.

i agree [2]
Now, there is the data: I see .fst files, .dt files, .lts files, .fsm
files, .pdf files, .inf files, .data files. How are these produced? To
be free, we need the tools that allow to edit/compile them (or re-record
them if these are produced from recording human voice, for instance).

such tools mainly located in src/scripts directory. but for now we haven't good documentation on modifying or creating new voices.
Samuel

[1] https://github.com/RHVoice/RHVoice/blob/master/LICENSE.md
[2] https://github.com/RHVoice/RHVoice/issues/266

--