straw-devel

Re: [Straw-devel] Preferences UI split

From: Jan Alonzo
Subject: Re: [Straw-devel] Preferences UI split
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 15:12:43 +1000

On Tue, 2003-08-26 at 13:36, Ryan P Skadberg wrote:
> So, are you saying that there will be 2 different preference places
> instead of the combined one right now?

Yes, mainly

Edit -> Subscriptions and Edit -> Preferences.

> Or are you saying that you are
> just cleaning it up and there will still be 2 panels within the current
> preferences.  I would really rather still have preferences all in one
> place.
>
> Secondly, I think it all looks very nice.  My only complaint would be
> having two different places to set things unlike the one we have now.
>
> Skadz

I agree it adds complexity but I think it makes more sense to separate
the feeds from the main settings since the only time you want to touch
the feed settings is when you want to delete, reorder feeds which I
think you don't do most of the time. It also reduces the overhead of
number of items stored or the polling frequency.

Cheers,

--
  .''`.     Jan Alonzo      jmalonzo at spaceants dot org
 : :' :    PGP fp: DB23 8CB2 E050 7737 B3C4  BB2C 5368 864B C70C 894A