straw-devel

Re: [Straw-devel] Preferences UI split

From: Ryan P Skadberg
Subject: Re: [Straw-devel] Preferences UI split
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 10:15:51 -0400

Yeah, after thinking about this some more, I totally see where you guys
are coming from and agree its a good idea.

Now, what happens if we someday decide to making polling on a per feed
basis? ;) (I know there is a feature request in for that)  Would that be
a default with an override for each feed?

Skadz

On Tue, 2003-08-26 at 01:12, Jan Alonzo wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-08-26 at 13:36, Ryan P Skadberg wrote:
> > So, are you saying that there will be 2 different preference places
> > instead of the combined one right now?
>
> Yes, mainly
>
> Edit -> Subscriptions and Edit -> Preferences.
>

> > Or are you saying that you are
> > just cleaning it up and there will still be 2 panels within the current
> > preferences.  I would really rather still have preferences all in one
> > place.
> >
> > Secondly, I think it all looks very nice.  My only complaint would be
> > having two different places to set things unlike the one we have now.
> >
> > Skadz
>
> I agree it adds complexity but I think it makes more sense to separate
> the feeds from the main settings since the only time you want to touch
> the feed settings is when you want to delete, reorder feeds which I
> think you don't do most of the time. It also reduces the overhead of
> number of items stored or the polling frequency.
>

> Cheers,
 Ryan P Skadberg                          E: address@hidden
 The Stigmata Organization                U: http://www.stigmata.org/
  GPG fingerprint = 0B97 F771 E7D2 69B2 FF5C  5693 4E25 7E77 DEF0 CA4B