straw-devel

Re: [Straw-devel] Preferences UI split

From: Jan Alonzo
Subject: Re: [Straw-devel] Preferences UI split
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 18:14:39 +1000

On Tue, 2003-08-26 at 13:23, Michael JasonSmith wrote:

<snip>

> --=Preferences=--
> o  Remove the "General Settings" label.  We know what it is because the
>    window-title says that it is "Straw Preferences".

Does the HIG have anything to say about this(not having a header)? I was
browsing it but didn't find any.

> o  "Automatically refresh every [ 60] minutes" (Sentence
>    capitalisation.)

The trailing "minutes" looks ugly :)

> --=Feed Settings=--
> o IIRC python-gtk does not allow you to sort by clicking on the
>   headings.  Is why you are using separate "Ascending"
>   "Descending" and buttons?

The ascending button(labeled "Sort" in stable version) has been there
ever since I started using straw. I just added the descending button.

> o Is "Add" the same as the current "New" or the current "Add"?

Yes, they're the same.

> (The current "Add" does not work for me, I guess it has proxy issues, but I
>   never sat down to really find out what it fails...)

Uhm.. The stable "Add" just adds an extra row for you to add the Name
and the URL of the feed :)

Cheers,

--
  .''`.     Jan Alonzo      jmalonzo at spaceants dot org
 : :' :    PGP fp: DB23 8CB2 E050 7737 B3C4  BB2C 5368 864B C70C 894A