Re: [STUMP] StumpWM init file

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [STUMP] StumpWM init file
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 22:50:37 -0400

Jay Belanger <address@hidden> writes:

> I got StumpWM working on my Gentoo machine (Xavier Maillard's ebuild was a
> big help) with sbcl 0.9.4.  I can start it two ways:
> 1) Start X with Emacs running, start slime in Emacs and enter
>   (asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op 'stumpwm)
>   (stumpwm:stumpwm)
> (Note that the README says (stumpwm: stumpwm "" :display 0), but that
> gives me a wrong number of arguments error).

Yeah the README is waaaay out of date. I keep meaning to update
it. Same with the sample rc file.

> 2) Start X with a stumpwm script containing
>   #!/usr/bin/sbcl
>  (asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op 'stumpwm)
>  (stumpwm:stumpwm)
>
> I also have a .stumpwmrc file, which changes the prefix key to C-z and
> changes the fonts and colors.  When I start StumpWM by method 1), the
> prefix key changes but the fonts don't.

It would seem the rc file is loaded after the screens are created and
the font is cached in each screen. So I can see why the font doesn't
change. I'll rearrange things so setting the font works.

> When I start StumpWM by method 2), nothing changes.

I don't know why that happens. Have you tried putting a

(write-string "loading rc!")

in your rc file to see if it's even being loaded?

-Shawn