Re: [Swftools-common] making the SWF python module on OS X

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] making the SWF python module on OS X
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 17:23:12 +0100

On Thu, Dec 23, 2004 at 11:09:19AM -0700, michael geary wrote:
> I actually _do_ have it installed. However, i didn't have the header
> files in the correct directory, which on OS X appears to be:
>
> /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/include/
> python2.3/
>
> I now get this from my ./configure attempt:
> -------------
> checking for Python.h and PIL... 2.3
> checking whether we can compile the python test program... ld:
> /Library/Python/2.3/PIL/_imaging.so is input for the dynamic link
> editor, is not relocatable by the static link editor again
> no
> ------------
>
> does this tell you anything? I think we're getting closer...

Nope, haven't seen something like this yet.
I tried to google for "is input for the dynamic link editor, is not
relocatable"-
According to some of the results, it may be because of OS X using
the wrong linker (?).

Maybe you also need to link with -framework instead of -l.
Could you try the following?

    echo "int main() {}" > test.c
    gcc test.c -framework /Library/Python/2.3/PIL/_imaging.so