Re: [Swftools-common] Device fonts?

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Device fonts?
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 16:24:46 +0100

On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 08:47:37PM +0100, INFO - Patrik Svensk - Habo Media
Produktion wrote:
> Im doing this alternetiv "catalog-viewer"
> (http://www.intersport.se/kataloger/interaktiv/katalog.htm)..
> As for now I am saving jpegs from acrobat then batchprocess to a low and
> high-def image..(working allright)..
> But I wanted to use pdf2swf (for crisper text) but runs into this problem
> when the pdf contains to much text information.
> Its like the flash-player is "choking" when trying to anti-alias all that
> text..

Really?? I knew it was possible to break the Flash player
by using too much shapes or clipping, but haven't yet heard about
any restriction concerning how much text there can be.
(Or, for that matter, of a performance difference between real fonts and
 device fonts)

> I can post an example for you to see the difference in performance...

Yes, please do- this should be interesting.