Re: [Swftools-common] Sizing problems with borders in swfbbox, a patch t

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Sizing problems with borders in swfbbox, a patch to set a strict size
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 23:10:52 +0200

On Sat, Jul 05, 2008 at 10:49:22PM +0200, edA-qa mort-ora-y <address@hidden>
wrote:
> I, like many people, am having problems with bounding boxes: there just
> seems to be an empty padded area around my actual image.
>
> I used swfmill to look at the structure of the file, and the program I
> use to export them (Corel) simply decides the bounding box of each item
> is simply larger than it is.

Just so we're on the same page: You use CorelDraw to save the SWFs,
and CorelDraw get's the bounding boxes wrong?

> swfbbox seems to use these bounding boxes,
> not the actual vector extents as some posts indicate, to calculate the
> real movie size.

You can use the -O switch to recalculate the bounding boxes of the
vector objects.

> This is where my patch to swfbbox comes in. I introduced a "-z" option
> which allows specifically setting an overall bounding box, all other
> bounding boxes are clipped to this size. Thus I was finally able to get
> rid of that damn padding!

Hm... you *can* do that without a patch right now by doing
    swfcombine -d -x -<x1> -y -<y1> -X <width> -Y <height> file.swf -o file.swf
    swfbbox -c file.swf -o file.swf

with <x1>,<y1>,<width>,<height> your desired bounding box.

Does either one of these solutions (-O or the swfcombine method) work
for you, or do you still need to set the bounding box explicitly?