[Swftools-common] debugging actionscript in sc

From: peter kostov
Subject: [Swftools-common] debugging actionscript in sc
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 22:53:31 +0300

Hello all,

I am trying to figure out how to debug Actionscript embedded in sc-scritpts.
Until now I have managed to create simple animations using swfc with links (buttons) in them. But when I try to do something more complex I am usually stuck at a point when the sc file is compiling without any complaint, but the Actionscript in it doesn't work. I have experience with PHP, but not with Actionscript. If any of you is using actively swfc, please tell me how you deal with this problem, how are you debugging your scripts?
How to know where the error is and what is causing it?
Another question I have is how to know what parts of the Actionscript language is supported by swfc and what is not? What is happening when swfc encounters unsupported function or language construct for example? Do you know any good Actionscript resource - tutorials, books, that is not of the type 'click this button in Adobe Flash..., paste this code in some window, drag this somewhere...', that is something that is not entirely about the Adobe application?

Thanks in advance!

Peter

--
http://receptibg.com - рецепти, готварство и хранене, менюта, статии, идеи и