Re: [Swftools-common] debugging actionscript in sc

From: peter kostov
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] debugging actionscript in sc
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 16:36:33 +0300

Matthias Kramm wrote:
On Fri, Sep 05, 2008 at 07:09:31AM +0200, Huub Schaeks <address@hidden> wrote:
I usually put some trace calls into the actionscript and use the
standalone flash player (sorry, don't remember where exactly i got
that from, it's adobe though) to look at what these spit out. I
beleive you can use as2 within scwfc, but I'm not quite sure on that.
Thanks!
I have downloaded this debugger standalone version. trace() is available now. That is good, but when I click on the menu 'Control'->'Debugger', or right click -> debugger nothing happens. Do you know what is the function of this button?

You can use AS2. The implementation of it (AS2) should be fairly complete, too.
AS2 is good for me.

AS3 (Flash 9) is not supported (yet).

Greetings,
Peter