Re: [Swftools-common] Cannot extract wav file from swf

From: Chris
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Cannot extract wav file from swf
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 15:30:33 -0100

On Thu, 26 Apr 2012 10:55:07 +0200
Daniel Arteaga <address@hidden> wrote:

> I don't know how it was compiled. The swf file comes from
> http://www.schoeps.de/showroom/. I wanted to extract a couple of wav
> files to use them for demonstration purposes in an university lecture.
>
> > > Using an alternative tool, I managed to extract ens_AB.wav.  All 52
> > > seconds of the wind sample seem fine.
>
> This alternative tool you mention, is it a freely available tool? If
> this is the case, could you point me towards it?

I extracted with the free version of the Sothink decompiler:

  http://sothink.com

> I am more interested in the final wav file, thanks. I would need to
> extract three wav files from three corresponding swf files

Hopefully they are not all as troublesome?

I stated, swfextract *DOES* work with my re-encoded version. Here you go, try
it out:

http://nordberg.me.uk/code/swftools/examples/wind_ens.html

Is this a case of using a sledgehammer to crack a nut?  Wouldn't it be way
easier to rip some sound snippets, and then simply encode them, rather than
having to extract swf embedded audio?
--
Chris <address@hidden>