Re: [Swftools-common] Cannot extract wav file from swf

From: Chris
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Cannot extract wav file from swf
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 15:33:14 -0100

On Mon, 30 Apr 2012 11:57:29 +0200
Daniel Arteaga <address@hidden> wrote:

> >> I am more interested in the final wav file, thanks. I would need to
> >> extract three wav files from three corresponding swf files
> >
> > Hopefully they are not all as troublesome?
>
> All of them are equally troublesome unfortunately :-\

Oh dear! ;o)

Unfortunately, I am not sufficiently au fait with the file format to be able
to decipher exactly what is going on - other than to concur that swfextract
simply cannot cope with them, while other utilities appear to be ok.

If Matthias hasn't noticed this exchange, possibly still worth filing a 'bug'
report. swfextract should at least throw an error if for some reason it chokes
on the extraction!

>> Is this a case of using a sledgehammer to crack a nut?  Wouldn't it be way
>> easier to rip some sound snippets, and then simply encode them, rather than
>> having to extract swf embedded audio?
>
> Yes, you are right! It hadn't come to my mind. I did precisely that.

Good!  The main benefit being, you probably got a wider variety of choice in
those musical excerpts for that demnstration.

> Anyway, thank you very much for your assistance.

Welcome. Hope it is/was a success.

Regards,

Chris.
--