Re: texi2html/makeinfo in dist

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: texi2html/makeinfo in dist
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 01:59:46 +0200

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 11:40:59PM +0000, Karl Berry wrote:

> For the release, I don't see a reason to include (let alone build)
> makeinfo and texi2html in the tarball.  Just seems like extra space,
> time, confusion.  They are in the development sources, and that seems
> good enough for archival purposes.  Ok?

Agreed.  I did quite a bit of removal of references to makeinfo
and texi2html.  I think that all that relates to texi2html is gone.

For makeinfo, there were some use of makeinfo in doc/ both for info
files generation and man pages (with --help).  I tried to do something
relevant, but I am not sure I did it right.  One thing that is different
is that there is no need to build texi2any to have it work.  Also setting
the paths for texi2any called as makeinfo is a bit clumsy.  If the --help
output of texi2any.pl, called with -I $(top_srcdir)/tp/ could be used
instead of what I came to:

PERL5LIB="$(top_srcdir)/tp/:$(top_srcdir)/tp/maintain/lib/libintl-perl/lib:$(top_srcdir)/tp/maintain/lib/Unicode-EastAsianWidth/lib:$(top_srcdir)/tp/maintain/lib/Text-Unidecode/lib:";
 export PERL5LIB

it could be better, and maybe more portable...

--
Pat