Re: texi2html/makeinfo in dist

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: texi2html/makeinfo in dist
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2011 21:58:38 GMT

    You certainly meant
    $ ./tp/texi2any

Actually it should work without the ., even if . is not in the PATH.
Shells are supposed to look relative to cwd if the cmd contains a /,
and (I just heard on gnulib) all real shells in fact do.

    Otherwise we'll have to have a
    wrapper that sets environment variables

Don't want to go there, that would be worse.  In fact I realize now that
it's not really the different behavior for .pl that bothers me so much
as having to have a wrapper script to specify the -I's.  tp/texi2any.pl
also cannot find Texinfo.pm.

Anyway, nothing critical.  Back to distribution preparations.

Good catch on all those @:'s and @.'s.  How did you find them?