Re: [bug #38168] support --all

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [bug #38168] support --all
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 16:59:19 +0300

Karl Berry <address@hidden> ha escrit:

> Well, what surprised me is that given this result for -aw:
> $ info -aw automake
> /usr/local/gnu/share/info/automake.info
> /usr/share/info/automake.info.gz
>
> I would have expected the Top node of each file to be written.

Ah, I see.

> So that leaves my aside before: right now, there is nothing in the
> output to indicate where the files are coming from.  I see you're
> outputting a form feed between the files.  I suggest outputting a form
> feed with the full file name before each file:
>
> ^L /usr/local/gnu/share/info/automake.info

I've implemented this, but without whitespace between the formfeed and
the file name. That's because everything following the ^L appears (or
is intended to appear) on a separate line and beginning a line with a
whitespace seems strange, in my opinion.  Wdyt?

> Furthermore, I'd suggest it would be useful to output
> info: Writing file /usr/whatever/...
> on stderr, so it's clear where the following
> info: Writing node (autoconf.info)Top...
> is coming from.
>
> How does that sound?

That's reasonable.  In fact, judging by the fact that all these messages
appear in the code within #ifdef conditionals, they were rather intended
for debugging, so I converted them to debug() calls instead.

Regards,
Sergey