Re: [bug #38168] support --all

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [bug #38168] support --all
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 13:13:58 +0300

Karl Berry <address@hidden> ha escrit:

> Thanks for all the additional work.  We're getting closer.
> Unfortunately I still see some infelicities:

Yeah, I see some of them too.  I've just commited a change that
gets rid of superfluous */dir entries and fixes the interaction
with the --output option.  I cannot reproduce the lack of manpages
in the -aw output, though.

> First, info -aw automake does not show *manpages* at all for me, even
> though there is an automake man page installed.  Under what
> circumstances is it supposed to show up?

In fact, wherever man finds that the corresponding manpage is installed.
Can you check if `man -aw automake' does return a manpage?  Also,
please run 'info -aw -x3 automake' (I've just implemented the 3rd level
too) and 'info -aw -x3 emacs' (without an empty emacs.info you created
previously) and send me the output produced.

> Second.  We didn't discuss it before, but there is also the question of
> what do about multiple extensions.  The same info directory might (and
> often does) contain both foo, foo.info, foo.info.gz, and plenty more.
>
> I think the ideal would be to show them all, since after all that's what
> was requested.

Sure, that would be the best way.  I'll implement it.

Regards,
Sergey