Re: [Texmacs-dev] ghostscript preview etc.

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] ghostscript preview etc.
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 16:43:25 +0200 (MET DST)

On 29 May 2002, Álvaro Tejero Cantero wrote:

> I think that given that tm tries first ghostscript, then gv then ggv,
> the menu item should be called "postscript preview" or "preview" or
> something less viewer dependent.
>
> Also, I would make gv the first choice, because it's so much nicer to
> see the docs with antialiasing.

True; please remind me of this issue later, because there will be
no changes in TeXmacs until the nogencc version gets stable.

> One remark: entering any erroneous scheme command in the
> my-init-texmacs.scm file prevents TeXmacs from starting at all.

At the moment yes. An erroneous command in a C++ program may
give you a segmentation fault or a compilation error...

> Where can I consult the available scheme commands?
> I want to make a my-init-texmacs.scm for setting the menu language, the
> shrinking factor, etc. I promise to dump all feedback I get into a
> tutorial for "very basic interface customization".

If you want to help with improving the scheme interface,
this would be great. We will get there in about two months.
I first want to deal with the menus and keyboard issues.
After that, the scheme interface will be redesigned.
It would be great to have contributors to the documentation and
people who will use this opportunity to extend TeXmacs.
The nice thing is that it will allow you to write interesting
extensions for TeXmacs without needing to know the whole C++ program.
Typically, it should allow you to implement some of your suggestions
yourself...

> Regarding the previous mail:
>
> superpose, switch, folded -> i do not get it (perusing fold.scm has not
> been of any help, since I do not know the texmacs trees).
>
> The font I'm missing for the online help is (from
> .TeXmacs/fonts/errors): rtcxr10.600dpi

Ah, I see; this is the font for the Copyright sign.
But this should not withhold you from reading the documentation, right?