Re: [Texmacs-dev] Translations

From: Teemu Ikonen
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Translations
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 01:12:43 +0200

Hi everyone,

I've finished the Finnish translation of the TeXmacs strings,
english-finnish.scm can be downloaded from

http://www.physics.helsinki.fi/~tpikonen/texmacs/english-finnish.scm

The translation is mostly complete, though I'm sure there are lots of stupid
mistakes due to wrong context. I hope the translation gets integrated in the
sources as soon as possible and the Finnish language gets enabled, so I can
fix these errors.

As David suggested, I did the translation with the aid of Kbabel and the
po-compendium from the KDE-project, after first translating the scheme file
to po with dictool. These were really great tools which I can recommend to
people who are doing translations to other languages.

If there's anything else to be done with the Finnish localization, please
let me know.

Best wishes,

Teemu