Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: texmacs 1.0.1.10 and gs, one more thing

From: Michèle Garoche
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: texmacs 1.0.1.10 and gs, one more thing
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 01:13:05 +0200

Le vendredi, 9 mai 2003, à 16:36 Europe/Paris, Martin Costabel a écrit :
idea why this time lag in cvs?
The only thing I can think of is a cache somewhere
!!!???!!!
between you and sourceforge. But I haven't heard of one that caches cvs repositories.

And while you're at it, any idea why
pixmaps files do not load properly (those called with icon) ?

Sorry for the delay in replying.

Those are xpm files converted as png files which represents the small icons in the icons bars. They are used in the tutorial to explain how to use them. None load by me, some do not load either by Joris.

The problem seems to reside first in the depth of those images which is not compatible with Mac OS X and second in the primitive icon which is used to load them within TeXmacs. If I make again screenshots from the TeXmacs window (with Capture - Grab in English?), put them in ~/.TeXmacs/doc/images/screenshots (originally they are in pixmaps) and load them within TeXmacs with the primitive screenshot, they load fine, but if I simply copy them in screenshots and load them with screenshot they don't load.

Here are various messages I obtain:

TeXmacs] Running ghostscript /Users/michga/.TeXmacs/doc/images/pixmaps/tm_load.png
pngtopnm: input file is not a PNG file
pnmtops: Error reading magic number from Netpbm image stream. Most often, this means your input file is empty.
Error: /typecheck in --.unread--
Operand stack:
   true   --nostringval--   true   0
Execution stack:
%interp_exit .runexec2 --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- 2 %stopped_push --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- false 1 %stopped_push 1 3 %oparray_pop --nostringval-- 1 1 3 --nostringval-- %for_pos_int_continue --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval--
Dictionary stack:
   --dict:1044/1123(ro)(G)--   --dict:0/20(G)--   --dict:69/200(L)--
Current allocation mode is local
AFPL Ghostscript 8.00: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1

But it does not anymore block TeXmacs. The problem is that it has no sense to explain how to use the various icons in the icon bars when you cannot see which icon you are told about (at least for me :-).

Michèle
<http://micmacfr.homeunix.org/>