Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: texmacs 1.0.1.10 and gs, one more thing

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: texmacs 1.0.1.10 and gs, one more thing
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 15:56:04 +0200 (CEST)

> > Michèle Garoche wrote:
> >> ~/.TeXmacs/doc/images/pixmaps/tm_load.png
> >> pngtopnm: input file is not a PNG file
> > These files call themselves *.png, but are in reality gif files. I
> > don't know how, where and when they were created. When I convert them
> > to true png files, they do show up in the tutorial (at least what is
> > there as Tutorial in 1.0.1.13, for example in the section "Typing a
> > simple text").
>
> So, that's a problem if they are gif files, as we are not supposed to
> use gif files (license), are we?

Are we using gif files somewhere? This is not forbidden
by law (the LZ algorithm is not part of TeXmacs),
but it *is* discouraged by the GNU guidelines.

> They were integrated last year by Joris (23rd October 2002).
> Don't know who created them. In any case, they should be true png files.

Which files are gif files; tm_load.png should be a png file,
according to its suffix; am I wrong? Otherwise, you might
try to convert the original .xpm file into a working .png image
and replace the current image on Savannah.