Re: [Texmacs-dev] Deconstructing TeXmacs (was: Applied patches for TeXma

From: Nix N. Nix
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Deconstructing TeXmacs (was: Applied patches for TeXmacs-1.0.1.14)
Date: 21 May 2003 11:16:27 -0600

Wow ! This /is/ quite involved and seems, at least immediately,
overwhelming.  I think I will proceed cautiously.  I believe step 1
should be for me to check for correct application not only my own
patches, but all patches on savannah, after a version of TeXmacs is
released.  Then, if I notice any application bugs, I can, for instance,
point them out to you.  Eventually, I might be able to perform the
"figure out the application mistake, close the patch, and post a new one
to fix the mistake" step.

There is one aspect that would make this process simpler:  If Joris
always told us which savannah patches he has applied.

I don't think I should have admin rights until I am comfortable with the
patch-checking and "patch-patch-generation".

I am impressed by the fact that you are trying to create a patch history
that maximizes orthogonality among patches (if I have understood you
correctly).