Re: [Texmacs-dev] Applied patches for TeXmacs-1.0.1.14

From: Nix N. Nix
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Applied patches for TeXmacs-1.0.1.14
Date: 21 May 2003 06:28:11 -0600

On Wed, 2003-05-21 at 04:26, David Allouche wrote:
> I'll do this if Nix and I can actually cooperate on deconstructing
> changes in rew releases of texmacs.

By "deconstructing changes" do you mean "trying to figure out which
patches Joris applied, in case he didn't mention anyting in any of the
usual channels" ?

> What I would expect from Nix side would be to construct patchs which
> show how his proposed patches where actually merged and add some
> comments like "applied ok", "applied incorrectly, that feature is
> missing there" or "applied incorrectly, bug introduced there".

Aaaah - just like the extra fonts patch, where "mathscr" was left out.
Yes, I suppose I could have commented on savannah, saying that the patch
was applied incompletely.  I will do that from now on, instead of
commenting here (on texmacs-dev).

> Eventually, I hope we would be able to collaborate on release
> deconstruction. I am not sure how that should be implemented though.

Again, I'm sort of fuzzy on this whole "deconstruction" business - once
again, I assume you mean "extrapolating the identity of the applied
patches given the source for the new release".