Re: [Texmacs-dev] Applied patches for TeXmacs-1.0.1.14

From: David Allouche
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Applied patches for TeXmacs-1.0.1.14
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 17:32:38 +0200

On Tue, May 20, 2003 at 06:05:48AM -0600, Nix N. Nix wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-05-20 at 02:13, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:
> >
> > David: have all patches been updated? I have the impression
> > that there are still some patches which have already been
> > applied, like 1400, but I may be wrong.
>
> 1400 has not been applied.

I confirm that.

> > Nix (how do you want us to call you?): it might be good that
>
> Nix will be fine, but thank you for asking.
>
> > you help David with the closure of applied patches from your making.
>
> David has been doing an excellent job, actually, since, as of right now,
> the only patch that has been applied, that is still in the list is 1473
> and that one you have only /very/ recently announced applied.

Thanks for the praise. But as I said in the other mail, I would like
if you could tell us whether heavily modified patches are applied in a
way which preserves your intent.

Currently, patches whose merging is to be confirmed are assigned to
me. But they are not the only ones.

> The only other patch that should, perhaps, be removed is 1401, which is
> an ugly hack compared to 1439.
>
> The reason is that it was only after creating 1401 that I understood how
> the preamble generation worked and so I was able to create a command
> called "\tmfloat" with 5 arguments, which, above and beyond 1401,
> incorporates all float functionality TeXmacs offers, including
> restricting the caption to within ~ 1in of the width of the contents of
> the float, as opposed to the width of the line.
>
> IOW, before this patch, /all/ TeXmacs floats were translated to LaTeX as
> "big" floats.  Now, a distinction is made between "big" and "small"
> floats, just as it is made in TeXmacs.  Furthermore, this distinction is
> apparent from the way \tmfloat gets called:
>
> \tmfloat{h}{small/big}{figure/table}{contents}{caption}
>
> However, I will have to revise 1400 and 1439, because we now have a
> better way of specifying required packages, and the constructs
> introduced in both of these patches require new LaTeX packages.  I
> should have an update within 24 hrs of this email.

I updated the patch manager.

--
                                                            -- ddaa