Re: [Texmacs-dev] Applied patches for TeXmacs-1.0.1.14

From: Nix N. Nix
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Applied patches for TeXmacs-1.0.1.14
Date: 20 May 2003 06:05:48 -0600

On Tue, 2003-05-20 at 02:13, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:
> 1448: Applied with many changes
> 1453: Still needs to be checked by me
> 1473: Applied with changes; the DRD information is now
>   in latex-drd.scm and latex-symbol-drd.scm. To do:
>   move the symbols which are still in latex-drd.scm to
>   latex-symbol-drd.scm and remove those which are already
>   defined there (and add an extra rule to redefine them).
> 1486, 1497, 1501, 1504: Applied
>
> David: have all patches been updated? I have the impression
> that there are still some patches which have already been
> applied, like 1400, but I may be wrong.

1400 has not been applied.

> Nix (how do you want us to call you?): it might be good that

Nix will be fine, but thank you for asking.

> you help David with the closure of applied patches from your making.

David has been doing an excellent job, actually, since, as of right now,
the only patch that has been applied, that is still in the list is 1473
and that one you have only /very/ recently announced applied.

The only other patch that should, perhaps, be removed is 1401, which is
an ugly hack compared to 1439.

The reason is that it was only after creating 1401 that I understood how
the preamble generation worked and so I was able to create a command
called "\tmfloat" with 5 arguments, which, above and beyond 1401,
incorporates all float functionality TeXmacs offers, including
restricting the caption to within ~ 1in of the width of the contents of
the float, as opposed to the width of the line.

IOW, before this patch, /all/ TeXmacs floats were translated to LaTeX as
"big" floats.  Now, a distinction is made between "big" and "small"
floats, just as it is made in TeXmacs.  Furthermore, this distinction is
apparent from the way \tmfloat gets called:

\tmfloat{h}{small/big}{figure/table}{contents}{caption}

However, I will have to revise 1400 and 1439, because we now have a
better way of specifying required packages, and the constructs
introduced in both of these patches require new LaTeX packages.  I
should have an update within 24 hrs of this email.

BTW:  Great job on the over/underbrace, Joris ! I realize the whole font
thing needs cleaning up, but nonetheless :o)