Re: [Texmacs-dev] Non-reproducible crash in texmacs-win32

From: Dan Martens
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Non-reproducible crash in texmacs-win32
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 14:37:18 -0400

>As far as I know, texmacs-win32 is compiled using Visual Studio, so we
>should be careful comparing win32 problems with experiences we had
>with g++.

Yes, it is compiled using VC++.

>However, what you describe looks awfully like the instability caused
>by the buggy inliner of g++-3. If I had a windows system on which to
>do some testing (and the time) I would probably try:
>
>  -- compiling texmacs with the fast-allocator disabled. That caused
>     the bugs induced by g++ to be much easier to reproduce,
>     especially when using a malloc debugging utility.
>
>  -- compiling texmacs without optimizations. This worked around the
>     buggy inlining code in g++.

I have disabled most of the optimizations on the compile as they seem to
produce some weird output.  This is most noticable when the speed optimzations
are set to full.
I will disable all optimizations and see what happens.
Just so you know, the code base of texmacswin32.exe is version 1.0.0.17.  Was
their any weird crashes known in this build on linux??

Dan