RE: [Texmacs-dev] PLEASE RE-DOWNLOAD TEXMACS BETA!!!

From: Dan Martens
Subject: RE: [Texmacs-dev] PLEASE RE-DOWNLOAD TEXMACS BETA!!!
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 14:43:24 -0400

--

--------- Original Message ---------

DATE: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 23:23:25
From: "Bill Page" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Cc: address@hidden

>Dan,
>
>Now that have TeXmacs on Windows running again,
>I did a few tests. First a question: Is there a
>way to make the TeXmacs cursor more visible? I.e.
>change it's color or make it "thicker" etc.? On
>my display I can barely see it.

If you read one of my other posts, I have solved this problem.  I will let you
know when the new build goes up.

>Second, I do seem to have a strange problem that
>I am having trouble duplicating on demand. After
>poking around at the tool bar and loading some help
>text (e.g. configuration), then looking around for
>some way to change the cursor, giving up and then
>open a new document and entering a sentence or two,
>suddenly texmacs exits, no reason or error message
>given. Just gone. It has happened twice now under
>more or less the same circumstances but I am still
>not able to make it happen reliably. Sometimes I
>can work for 15 minutes or more before it happens.
>Other times it might have in the first 30 seconds.
>Any idea about how I can give you more useful
>feedback?

I will look into this.  I have not however seen this problem.  The best thing I
can suggest is to try and make it happen with the --debuglog option to see if
any errors were given before the crash.  Most likely there will be as I am
pretty sure TeXmacs is exiting gracefully through it's fatal_error() method.
This produces error messages.  If it was exiting through an address fault or
some other fatal operations, windows would most likely generate an error
message, and on XP you would get the bug report screen.

>I will be away from my office of the next few days,
>so no more testing by me for a little while.

No problem at all.  Thankyou very much for you help.

>But keep up the good work!

Thanks, I'll try :)

Dan