RE: [Texmacs-dev] PLEASE RE-DOWNLOAD TEXMACS BETA!!!

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Texmacs-dev] PLEASE RE-DOWNLOAD TEXMACS BETA!!!
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 21:40:54 -0400

Dan,

Oops, I did exactly what you said in your email below.

First I when to Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs and
removed TeXmacs for Windows.

Then I deleted the directory

  C:\Program Files\texmacs

and

  C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\.Texmacs

Next I downloaded a new copy of texmacs.exe from your
ftp site and re-installed everything.

BUT now I get the following message:

"This application has failed to start because
libguile.dll was not found. Re-installing the
application my fix this problem."

and I am unable to start texmacs at all. Also,
I cannot run guile from the command line either.

Prior to this, I was having a lot of fun running
TeXmacs for Windows although I also noted a few
oddities about the fonts. Everything else seemed
to be rolling along fine. I especially liked how
easy it was to print compared to the hassels I used
to have under Cygwin. Yes, tres uber cool!

Two steps forward, one step back ... oh well.

Let me know what's next.

Bill Page.