Re: [Texmacs-dev] {OT} edit_main_rep::show_tree

From: Salman Khilji
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] {OT} edit_main_rep::show_tree
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 18:42:22 -0700

> When I'm ready to submit, I simply "crunch" the code.

I don't think thats a good thing to do.  When writing code, if you feel
comfortably with "widely spaced" code that means that widely spaced code is
easy to read.  By crunching it, you are making it harder for both yourself
and some other programmer to read your code.  This means to comperehend a
complicated experssion, the reader must cut and paste it somwhere else,
indent it the way he likes so that he can understand it.

I really shouldn't blame you for it.  Lots of time I do this kind of stuff
even with C code.  Sometimes, I make a perfectly legible and beautiful piece
of art, and turn it into an UGLY macro using the preprocessor before
submitting!

However I think code should be left in the state which makes is easier for
anybody to understand.

Salman