Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: tt_font_find

From: Norbert Nemec
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: tt_font_find
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 10:06:30 +0100

The better way would probably be to use the fontconfig library:

        http://www.fontconfig.org

that library is designed to become standard for exactly the topic that is
being discussed here: determine which fonts are installed on the system.

fontconfig is independant of X, but the new Xft depends on it, so it should be
reasonably standard that the additional dependency does not hurt too much.

I don't have the time for the coding, but anyone looking for *the* solution
should definitely consider this.

Ciao,
Nobbi

--
______________________Norbert Nemec <address@hidden>

    Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany
    Institut für Theoretische Physik III
    Staudtstr. 7  ...  D-91058 Erlangen  ...  Room No. U1.526
    Tel: +49 9131 / 85-28816  ...  Mobile: +49 179 / 7475199