Re: [Texmacs-dev] drawing mode

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] drawing mode
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 22:42:26 +0100

On Sat, Dec 24, 2005 at 04:06:48PM -0800, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
> Couldn't you do this with XFig or Dia sessions? Graphviz?

We definitely would be delighted to use existing tools as a plug-in,
especially in order to draw graphs.

However, most tools are designed as complete front-ends, not libraries.
What we need is a tool to which we can send an abstract graph,
with sizes of the nodes (computed by our typesetter),
together with additional constraints, and which sends us back
a nice way to display the graph. If anyone knows about such a tool
(or could modify an existing tool to reach that goal),
I would be delighted.

By the way, is Graphviz free software? I am not really sure...

Best wishes, Joris