Re: [Texmacs-dev] literate programming for TeXmacs

From: David MENTRE
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] literate programming for TeXmacs
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 19:22:11 +0100

Hello Offray,

>From what I have read about Leo, its way of working is close to other
literate programming tools (leo doc -> code) and quite the opposite of
what we would like to do, Felix and myself (code -> texmacs doc).

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas <address@hidden> writes:

> The thing i was
> thiking is how to integrate Leo with the rest of the operative system,
> particulary with TeXmacs for my mathematical writings. The idea I had
> was that the bottom panel could be an application, acording to some kind
> of leo directive. For example if I put "@app Texmacs", then when I click
> on that node then I get a TeXmacs document. May be this could be done
> with the "@file" directive and using some kind of mime type, so if the
> file is a ·tm it gets open "near" to the bottom panel in TeXmacs. If
> it's a "*.ogg" it gets open on xmms and so on. May be we wold need a
> framed windowing environment for this like Ion, and may be this is far
> away of this work with Texmacs or more related with Leo itseft,

Yes, from your description, it seems that your idea is more related to
Leo development than TeXmacs one.

But it raises an interesting point: would it be possible to transform
TeXmacs into a toolkit "widget" that could be embedded in another more
application? For example, one could easily imagine to have a source code
IDE that uses TeXmacs (and its dreamt LP mode ;) for code
documentation.

Best wishes,
d.
--
pub  1024D/A3AD7A2A 2004-10-03 David MENTRE <address@hidden>
 5996 CC46 4612 9CA4 3562  D7AC 6C67 9E96 A3AD 7A2A