Re: [Texmacs-dev] literate programming for TeXmacs

From: Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] literate programming for TeXmacs
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 18:04:38 -0500

Hi,

Felix Breuer wrote:

Yes and we definitely want to be able to go both ways as well (code <->
texmacs doc). The advantage of our current approach (in terms of
simplicity) is that all the code+doc will only reside in one place: the
source file. Leo has to do a lot of magic to read code into its tree
(writing the source files back out is much easier).
I think that your approach is an interesting and worth one. It would make even a biger pleasure to use TeXmacs. What likes to me more about Leo is its tree and leaf sight at the same time and its framed interface. Of course you're not trying to rewrite TeXmacs interface, but I think that representation affects the way of thinking and programming needs proper representations to be fluid. Well is just some ideas for your project (wich is in fact already a good one ;) ).

About your original suggestion: it would indeed require more work on the
Leo side. Also I imagine Leo already does support editing nodes in an
external editor (the Vim community wanted that feature pretty badly).
So with some scripting of Leo + Ion + Texmacs you might actually get
what you proposed.

I will go for what David and I have come up with, though, because it is
a much cleaner solution and it does not depend on three different (and
great!) pieced of software but only on one :)
I will try to go slowly and step by step. There is a lot to learn and I just some kind of weird end user.

As a matter of fact, I am amazed that there is one other person who
knows and uses Ion + TeXmacs + Leo! I always thought I was the only one,
with all of those three projects being rather non-mainstream. Foolish
me!

Well, you know, the strange people that Net puts together these days ;)

Offray

--
       El Directorio
------------------------------ .:| Tecnología |:. .:| Comunidad | Libertad |:. \| Colombia |/