[Texmacs-dev] Re: TeXmacs+Axiom was: Re: [Axiom-developer] New blood in

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Re: TeXmacs+Axiom was: Re: [Axiom-developer] New blood in Axiom
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 23:46:43 +0200

Strange, but I installed the debian etch package of texmacs.

Is that version 1.0.6 of TeXmacs?

http://packages.debian.org/stable/editors/ ... look for texmacs

woodpecker:~/scratch/spreadsheet0/examples>texmacs --version

TeXmacs version 1.0.6
(c) 1999-2003 by Joris van der Hoeven

No.  The (:require above is just checking that the file
/usr/bin/axiom exists. This controls whether you see Axiom
listed under the Session memu. It is actually the interface
program tm_axiom that starts Axiom. As far as I know the
version of tm_axiom distributed with TeXmacs starts AXIOMsys.

Oho from
http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/TeXmacs
I see that you have (re)written tm_axiom. Cool.
How come that this is *not* a literate program?

I don't understand C very well, so it would take me ages until I get an idea what the program does, except that I know that it establishes the texmacs <---> axiom connection. That sources are not very helpful for me. :-(

I only see that TeXmacs' tm_axiom and the one of Bill Page start AXIOMsys.

   Unexpected End5

(everythinng in read except a black 5).

And there is an "axiom]" prompt. Unfortunately, the cursor then is right in the middle of this prompt.

So I believe Axiom Gold does not work together with TeXmacs.
Other experiences? Any cure?

That the kind of symptom that I recall when tm_axiom starts
the 'axiom' script which starts sman and creates the double
prompt but tm_axiom has not been modified to accept two
prompts.

Oh, since I haven't changed tm_axiom, it should still call AXIOMsys, so there would be another reason for the "Unexpected End".

Anywaym, I feel unable to correct that myself. :-(

Ralf