Re: [Texmacs-dev] Literate Programming in TeXmacs?

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Literate Programming in TeXmacs?
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 19:10:57 +0200

On Sun, May 20, 2007 at 06:25:28PM +0200, Ralf Hemmecke wrote:
> >Are you familiar with
> >  (1) simple TeXmacs style files
> >  (2) scheme programming
>
> I currently try to figure out how to create a new environment.

I found the code from Felix on my hard disc and made it available at

        http://www.texmacs.org/Download/ftp/misc/LP4TeXmacs-0.1.tar.gz

Please look at what he did. I recommend to adapt his work
(mainly replace the XML stuff by scheme routines).

More information about style files in the documentation
(Help -> Manual -> Writing your own style files).

> I must say, if I go for an IDE, starting MAKE from within TeXmacs seems
> actually more natural to me. So let me start gradually with letting
> TeXmacs write out the code files. If I only were familiar with Scheme... :-(

Scheme is like Lisp and very easy to learn.
You can find some good beginners guides on the web;
see our documentation on Scheme for some links.

Best wishes, Joris