Re: [Texmacs-dev] Literate Programming in TeXmacs?

From: Henri Lesourd
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Literate Programming in TeXmacs?
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 15:53:38 +0200

Ralf Hemmecke wrote:

I thought it would be totally easy (for a Scheme programmer---which I am not) to introduce some special environments (for the code) and then have some commands that write out the code parts in a user defined order. Of course the code, comes as a tree itself.

Would it be possible if somebody on this list hacks together a few lines. I could probably extend it (if I am guided enough), but I feel totally unable to start.

Have a look at the archive attached to this e-mail. It contains a Scheme
plugin with various example of things you could need, like redefining
keyboard shortcuts, traversing a document tree, etc. (for this latter one,
have a look at (xmlize-tree) ; you try it by means of Shift-Ctrl-X when
inside the <spreadsheet|...> tag in the example document (look at the
console output).

Have a look at:
http://www.ags.uni-sb.de/~henri/texmacs/aTeXmacsTutorial.pdf

for explanations about the TeXmacs macro language, how Scheme
plugins work, etc.

Starting from the code of the spreadsheet0 plugin, you need
to write your own stylesheet for defining the tags you need
for LP, and then write the code for extracting code out of the
current document. As far as extraction is concerned, from what
you have in (xmlize-tree), implementing some kind of LP should
not be that hard.

Best, Henri