Re: [Texmacs-dev] Literate Programming in TeXmacs?

From: Todd Wilson
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Literate Programming in TeXmacs?
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 13:07:24 -0700

Felix Breuer wrote:
So, having thought about both approaches I would also go for approach
(2) (as in Joris' numbering), *but* I would like to point out one severe
difficulty: generating source code makes debugging much less
convenient, as the line numbers a compiler complains about refer to the
generated code and not the TeXmacs document.

A simple solution to this would be to have the LP code environment put line numbers on the code for display.

So much for the history. In recent months I have done some thinking on
LP for TeXmacs albeit without writing a single line of code. For what
it's worth I will post these "philosophical" thoughts of mine
separately.

Another useful feature would be the ability to parse compiler output and locate and/or cycle through positions in the code with errors, as the Emacs compiling modes allow one to do. And how about automatic syntax highlighting?

Todd Wilson