[Texmacs-dev] Re: C++'s frustrations

From: Abdelrazak Younes
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Re: C++'s frustrations
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 23:05:04 +0200

Vadim Konovalov wrote:
Abdelrazak Younes wrote:
Henri Lesourd wrote:

 Probably under Linux it works most of the time,

_always_

 and under windows
 it's more often broken:

MSVC is really the defacto standard (KDE, python, LyX, etc all use it).

Very surprising information

But true.

Now TexMacs on Windows available only under Cygwin, and no MSVC is standard there.

Well Cygwin is just another platform ;-)

Given that GCC already used for texmacs, why is it a problem to continue using it on windows?

It is not a problem. Cygwin for sure will stay with gcc. A mingw port could also see the light if someone wants it. What I mean is that if you want something optimized for Windows and that compiles and link fast, you should use MSVC, there is no question about it. I know what I am talking about, believe me.

Abdel.