Re: [Texmacs-dev] mime type

From: David Allouche
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] mime type
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 10:42:45 +0200

On Mon, 2009-05-25 at 22:22 +0200, Andrea Gamba wrote:
> So the correct solution would be to ask to the people maintaining
> mime-support on Debian and Ubuntu to change text/texmacs to
> text/x-texmacs, then to perform the same change in all texmacs and
> texmacs-common files.

>From my understanding of what is involved, you make it sound as more
work than it really is.

You only need to explicitly address the Debian packaging, the
modifications there will flow to Ubuntu eventually. The Ubuntu packages
of mime-support and texmacs have no delta over the Debian packages.

You only need to get fixes in two source packages: mime-support and
texmacs. All the arch-dependent texmacs, and the arch-independent
texmacs-common package are all built from the single texmacs source
package.

> Perhaps it is not worthwhile, since everything seems to be working
> perfectly at the moment...

I can't argue with that. Arguably, if it works, maybe it's not worth
fixing, even if it is incorrect in terms of standard compliance.

The question I was answering initially was: "Can you tell which is the
correct label for texmacs files?" You are free to ignore the answer if
you do not care. I certainly do not care enough to fix it myself.