Re: File filters [was Re: [Texmacs-dev] My patch - option groups]

From: Miguel de Benito Delgado
Subject: Re: File filters [was Re: [Texmacs-dev] My patch - option groups]
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2010 21:28:47 +0100

On Sat, Dec 25, 2010 at 20:56, Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden> wrote:
I have the memory of Max telling me that this feature does not work for the Cocoa version. Also, it is not just a file filter: one would like a menu where the format can be specified.

I know little of Cocoa, but I think it's safe to assume it's the standard MacOS dialog, and if that's the one I'm seeing right now,it has precisely that: a dropbox with programmable items specifying file extensions. The user chooses one and it gets appended to the file name specified. We read the result of that operation and decide what format to export into based on that.

If you have the QT developer tools installed, try running the example app "standarddialogs". You should be able to open it from within Spotlight. Is QFileDialog::getSaveFileName() what we want? Maybe you had some sort of misunderstanding? Or maybe it's me right now?

Regards,
Miguel de  Benito.