Re: [Texmacs-dev] My patch - option groups

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] My patch - option groups
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2010 13:04:16 +0100

Dear Victor,

On Sat, Dec 25, 2010 at 12:31:26AM +0300, Victor Porton wrote:
> Will you accept or reject my patch adding option groups?

I regret to inform you that I will not apply it.

> I've already said many arguments for accepting this patch and hope you have
> heard me.

Yes, I understand your arguments. However, your patch looks more
like some personal convenience customizations than somethings which
corresponds to our global design philosophy. If the patch is a *must*
for your personal use, then you may put the necessary customizations
in your my-init-texmacs.scm file, which was exactly designed for
this kind of purpose.

I also notice that the whole preference system will be reorganized sometime
soon,
since the new Qt philosophy requires us to write a preferences dialogue.
So, independenly of their relevance, it is not a good time for patches
to the preference system.

Best regards, --Joris