Re: [Texmacs-dev] A bug or a feature?

From: TeXmacs
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] A bug or a feature?
Date: Wed, 5 May 2021 12:11:54 +0200

Hi Max,

This is actually a feature.  People coming from LaTeX or ASCII often have
the (nasty) habit of typing spaces around all kinds of binary operators and
relations.
Remind that spaces are meaningful inside TeXmacs (they stand for function
application),
so it is actually wrong to enter superfluous spaces.  For this reason, the
default
behaviour is to ignore superfluous spaces.  You can enter explicit spaces as
variants
of the default space.

Best wishes, --Joris