Re: [Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs 1.99.20

From: Giovanni Piredda
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs 1.99.20
Date: Wed, 5 May 2021 22:58:53 +0000

I compiled the guile cloned from the TeXmacs git repository and the compiled TeXmacs does not work with it as well. Since the stable version compiled from source also fails in the same way, the reason of the crash is in either the configuration of my system, or the way in which I compile/link, or the way in which I run.

Aside, I got an impression that the guile source code might need adjustments, as the failures that happened in my computer might be general. One issue is that the current version of texinfo cannot interpret all of the characters in the .texi files. There is also a segmentation fault that I do not know if it is related to the .texi files; I fixed it copying code I found in a message of 2012 in the bug-guile mailing list.

If anyone wants to look at them, I can send the notes that I took while correcting the files to get the code to compile.

G.