Re: [Texmacs-dev] Support for TeXmacs

From: vincent douce
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Support for TeXmacs
Date: Sun, 30 May 2021 10:05:30 +0200

> Personally I was driven to TeXmacs from the development side more than use. I
> still think is a nice platform to hack on. It could be that other people
> feels the same.

personally i am on the "use" side and not on the development side
the "use" side is professionnal for me : TeXmacs is the tool with which i work
(maths lessons via zoom)
but i am really limited now
i want to improve my skills on :
- creating macros
- linking python and TeXmacs
- looking for a way to create great curves with the same quality as MatPlotLib
or the same efficience as Sage for example, but within TeXmacs
- adjusting some parameters (size by default of inserted pictures, of inserted
"drawings" etc)
sometimes i find great help on the forum which i try to follow but alone in
front of my screen i confess it is very technical and difficult
i know a lot is explained in th Jolly Book that i will buy, first by respect to
Joris' work, as soon as i can

but what i would really need is :
- maybe a youtube channel for beginners with explanations from the beginning
about the points written above, something very gradual, like a mooc
- or a seminar somewhere in France sometime, really more difficult to organize

i share this, in order to know if others may have the same demand

maybe that's not the right forum to ask it ?

Vincent