Re: [Texmacs-dev] Support for TeXmacs

From: Giovanni Piredda
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Support for TeXmacs
Date: Mon, 31 May 2021 21:13:16 +0000

Am 31.05.2021 um 22:13 schrieb TeXmacs:
Hi Vincent,

On Sun, May 30, 2021 at 10:05:30AM +0200, vincent douce via Texmacs-dev wrote:
Personally I was driven to TeXmacs from the development side more than use. I
still think is a nice platform to hack on. It could be that other people feels
the same.
personally i am on the "use" side and not on the development side
the "use" side is professionnal for me : TeXmacs is the tool with which i work
(maths lessons via zoom)
but i am really limited now
i want to improve my skills on :
- creating macros
Maybe we could organize Max' hackers meeting once a month in French and
use that as an opportunity to explain some of these things in French.

I will try and take part in this too. So after you hear me speaking French we can have all a good laugh together :-)

- linking python and TeXmacs
You should discuss this with Darcy.

Here the documentation present both in the web (under the TeXmacs GitHub account) and in TeXmacs' help system is complete as far as I recall, but still perhaps (I would need to check again) there are crucial details that are present in only one of the two locations while other details are in the other one. I started writing a short tutorial for the blog, which I haven't yet finished.

Giovanni