Re: [Texmacs-dev] Support for TeXmacs

From: TeXmacs
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Support for TeXmacs
Date: Mon, 31 May 2021 22:13:36 +0200

Hi Vincent,

On Sun, May 30, 2021 at 10:05:30AM +0200, vincent douce via Texmacs-dev wrote:
> > Personally I was driven to TeXmacs from the development side more than use.
> > I still think is a nice platform to hack on. It could be that other people
> > feels the same.
> personally i am on the "use" side and not on the development side
> the "use" side is professionnal for me : TeXmacs is the tool with which i
> work (maths lessons via zoom)
> but i am really limited now
> i want to improve my skills on :
> - creating macros

Maybe we could organize Max' hackers meeting once a month in French and
use that as an opportunity to explain some of these things in French.

> - linking python and TeXmacs

You should discuss this with Darcy.

> - looking for a way to create great curves with the same quality as
> MatPlotLib or the same efficience as Sage for example, but within TeXmacs

There are several plug-ins for doing that.
Of course, there are the Python-based plug-ins,
but you may also consider Giac or Maxima.
I am personally developing Mathemagix, but it is more experimental.

> - adjusting some parameters (size by default of inserted pictures, of
> inserted "drawings" etc)
> sometimes i find great help on the forum which i try to follow but alone in
> front of my screen i confess it is very technical and difficult
> i know a lot is explained in th Jolly Book that i will buy, first by respect
> to Joris' work, as soon as i can

We don't have something yet to resize with the mouse.
But it is easy to click on the right part of the image
and then change the size on the focus bar.

> but what i would really need is :
> - maybe a youtube channel for beginners with explanations from the beginning
> about the points written above, something very gradual, like a mooc
> - or a seminar somewhere in France sometime, really more difficult to organize

There are a few videos already on our channel.

It would be good for everyone on this list who would like to
see more tutorials or videos to give us a list of topics to
be treated, sorted by priority.

Best wishes, --Joris