[Texmacs-dev] Free Software needs Free Documentation

From: martin-kemp
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Free Software needs Free Documentation
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2021 00:40:30 +0200 (CEST)

> The issue is important, and I would try to work it out through
> diplomatic channels ;-) that is, find out who can help you to reach
> people that can influence things.

I will also see what I can do and ask a few friends.

Felicitations

From: TeXmacs <texmacs@lix.polytechnique.fr>
To: texmacs-dev@gnu.org
Date: 19/06/2021 23:57:54 Europe/Paris

On Sat, Jun 19, 2021 at 09:36:23PM +0000, Giovanni Piredda wrote:
> Am 19.06.2021 um 23:33 schrieb TeXmacs:
> >>Reading from https://arxiv.org/help/submit_pdf, it does, except for
> >>pdf files generated using LaTeX or TeX
> >Yes, but if you try and submit a paper that was written using TeXmacs,
> >then they claim that it was written with LaTeX.
> >We reported this problem many times and they refused to fix it.
> >
> >So https://arxiv.org/help/submit_pdf is basically a gross lie.
> >
> The issue is important, and I would try to work it out through
> diplomatic channels ;-) that is, find out who can help you to reach
> people that can influence things.

Well, we contacted ArXiv several times in a polite and diplomatic way.
But if you can be more effective than we have been so far,
then that would be a very welcome contribution indeed.
This issue is indeed a major pain.

Best wishes, --Joris