Re: [Texmacs-dev] pdf & texmacs

From: Massimiliano Gubinelli
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] pdf & texmacs
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2022 22:32:09 +0100

Thanks for the observation Jeroen.

I've not much experience with SVG myself, so I do not have an opinion right
now. If we settle for a cross-platform, easy to deploy solution, I do not think
it will be difficult to integrate. I was just remarking that MuPDF comes with
its own SVG interpreter, which could be ok for most use cases. Since SVG is a
very complex format (like HTML/CSS), I guess at some point one should rely on
an external tool like Inkscape to produce a reasonable rendering and then use
that in the document. Depending on the use case, actually, once we have a PDF
renderer it would be ok to convert the SVG to PDF with an high quality tool and
then use the PDF version in the document. So I guess, supporting at least one
vector format would be enough for creating good quality PDF documents.

Best,
Max