Re: [Texmacs-dev] pdf & texmacs

From: Massimiliano Gubinelli
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] pdf & texmacs
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2022 23:10:03 +0100

Btw,
 I've made some progress with my experiments with MuPDF. Attached there is a screenshot of a TeXmacs window, the document is rendered via MuPDF while the UI (toolbars, etc...) is still rendered by Qt. Essentially I create a sequence of PDF commands which then MuPDF rasterizes into an image in memory, which is then passed to Qt to be inserted in the main window. The glyphs are also rendered by MuPDF as it would if they were coming from a PDF file.

Best,
Max

ps: MuPDF is produced by the same company that distribute Ghostscript. For more info about MuPDF you can check out these two presentations:
https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/liaison/openprinting/presentations/OpenPrint_GhostScript_April_2016.pdf
https://artifex.com/documents/MuPDF-Product-Sheet.pdf